Channel Development Specialist at Coca-Cola Beverages South Africa Details
|Job Title||Channel Development Specialist|
|Job Category||Commercial – Sales and Marketing|
|Company||Coca-Cola Beverages South Africa|
|Location – Country||South Africa|
|Location – Province||Gauteng|
|Location – Town / City||Midrand|
Coca-Cola Beverages Africa is the largest African Coca-Cola bottler, accounting for 40% of all Coca-Cola volumes on the continent. CCBA is a market leader in the NARTD (non-alcoholic ready to drink market) in Africa. CCBA has an extensive footprint in Africa, employing over 13 000 employees.
To assist the Channel Development Manager in delivering on the brand strategy, innovation pipeline, trade projects and annual marketing plan.
Key Duties & Responsibilities at Channel Development Specialist
• Develops briefing strategy and guidelines for execution aligned with the activation platforms
• Responsible for cross functional management of promotions and events
• Responsible for the co-ordination of POS materials
• Responsible for after action reviews of all programs to glean learnings and facilitate continuous improvement and action learning
• Supports Channel Development Manager in Direct Marketing Expenditure
• Provide regional support to execution staff as well as customer support for programmes developed
• Responsible for the project management of new product development, product discontinuation, packaging enhancements and promotions among the CCBSA value chain, Coca-Cola SA, Suppliers and the Trade.
• Provide vision, direction and energy to the cross-functional project team through planned engagements.
• Develop and lead relevant communications with and between all stake holders during the project life cycle.
• Generate insights from in-depth business data analysis to drive decision making, and provide input to business cases developments and value chain modelling.
• Responsible for the activation of national brand calendar and programmes, and translates these into local brand promotions through the regions
• Collaborates with the Channel Development Manager and the Customer Marketing Manager to develop and implement innovative trade solutions
Skills, Experience & Education at Channel Development Specialist
Qualifications & Experience:
• BCom or Marketing Degree, Post Graduate Qualification Advantageous
• 5-6 years relevant experience in FMCG sales, or/and marketing
• Ability to think analytically and creatively to deliver practical solutions to problems
• Communication – ability to interpret information and communicate it in a simple and relevant manner to working teams as well as decision making forums, and customers
• Understanding of the decision making process and what information is needed to facilitate in
• Ability to adapt to the ever changing market and business requirements
• Change management ability
• Negotiation skills
• Understanding of the FMCG environment & category understanding
• Candidate should be a facilitator, administrator and a strategic thinker.
• Able to stay abreast with, source, and implement best practice
The advert has minimum requirements listed. Management reserves the right to use additional or relevant information as criteria for short-listing.
We are committed to Employment Equity when recruiting internally and externally. It is company policy to promote from within wherever possible. Therefore, please be aware that internal candidates will be considered first before reviewing external applicants, provided that this supports achievement of our Employment Equity goals.